Tuesday, August 28, 2012

5 Days out

So it has been 5 days since the surgery, and honestly, I can remember very little of that time.  If you came by or called and there was some super important piece of information that you shared, please share it with me again because the last 5 days are such a blur.  I'm sorry about that, but thankfully, that means I was on some good pain meds at least.

I had my first post-op appointment today, and everything looks good so far.  I seem to be getting a little better each day which is all I can really ask or hope for.  I will find out more about the stage and next steps for the cancer on Friday morning at that appointment.

I wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts, prayers, calls, cards, messages, food, magazines, visits, and various other things.  It seems like every time I was having a rough moment before or after the surgery then I would get a message, call, or something that would brighten my day.  It has been very uplifting, and I appreciate it so much.  

I'll be moving more to ibuprofen and away from the "good pain meds" over the next few days or weeks so hopefully I'll be much better at remembering everything that happens as I move forward in this process. Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Keep getting better girl!!!! I'm glad that you are getting a bit better each day.
    Also glad that you're blogging so we know how you are.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete