Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Checking off the list

This weekend, I got to check another item off of my list by going to the Kennedy Space Center.  I hadn't been there since 7th grade, a year after the Challenger explosion.  It has changed so much, and I really enjoyed going.  I appreciate that Dana made it possible, and that Rebecca joined us on the trip! If you haven't been in awhile, I recommend it, but maybe wait until June or July when the new Atlantis space shuttle exhibit will be open.   I'll just have to plan to go again sometime to see that!

Over the next 2-3 months, I plan to check off several other things from my list, and I will probably be gone more than I am home.  One of the good things about doing the majority of my teaching online is that I can work from pretty much anywhere.   I have been truly blessed with many friends and family members that are helping to make some of my summer trips possible, and I am thankful for free flights and timeshare that are allowing me to do the other trips.  

Before I go anywhere else, I have another PTscan coming up next Monday (4/29).  Thankfully, my oncologist office does not make you wait, and I will have the results at my Tuesday morning appointment.   I am battling "scanxiety" at this point so I am trying to stay as busy as possible without completely exhausting myself.  Please pray for a scan that shows things are stable, regressing, or best option yet showing no evidence of disease!


No comments:

Post a Comment