Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Coming up on 2 years….

 I am a week away from my 2 year Cancerversary, and I have a weird range of emotions going on.  At this time, I'm still NED which I am so thankful for, but I'm still a bit melancholy or apprehensive about coming up on that date.  My next labs are near the end of July which probably adds a little to that as well.  At least, I'll be having some good family time the weekend before and during the week of it; so hopefully, that will make it go by a little easier.

  One of the things recently that may be weird to some but made me very happy is that it took until the end of May to reach my deductible/out-of-pocket for this year.  That is huge as I met 2 years worth of very high deductible  and out-of -pocket within 8 months between July 2012 -February 2013.  While I know people have various opinions on things with healthcare right now, it has been a huge help to me to be able to change to a gold plan where I pay more each month than before but then have a much, much lowered in-network deductible/out-of-pocket since I have to purchase my own individual coverage.  I feel like I have at least done what I can to lower my insurance and medical costs to what I can manage, as long as I stay in-network. That is a huge relief for me!

There have been a lot of doctor visits and things of that nature in the last 2 years, but it is also crazy how much "living" I've managed to cram into that short amount of time.  I just finished creating some photo albums from 2013. (Yes, I was very behind) Normally, I have an album that is 65-85 pages for the year, but for last year, I have 3 albums that are all about that size.  I finished the album for the trip to Australia and New Zealand that I took with my parents, and I was trying to find what could be cut as I hit the maximum of 100 pages.   That was truly a trip of a lifetime, and I am so thankful that I got to go on it.  I shared some pics on Facebook, but here are a few as well.  If Australia and New Zealand are not already on your "bucket" or "living" list, I highly recommend that you add them :)



















4 comments:

  1. Nancy, was it because of the Affordable Care Act that you were able to switch to a better insurance plan?

    Pat Watson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep looking forward and congrats on 2 years NED. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete