Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Metavivor Ribbon and How things are going

This is the ribbon created by Metavivor.  I've mentioned this group before, and they are a non-profit seeking to make a difference in regards to metastatic cancer research especially in the area of metastatic breast cancer.  Since it was October and pink is starting to cover everything, I thought it would be a good time to recognize this group and ribbon.  From their page, "METAvivor designed a base ribbon of green and teal to represent metastasis.  Green represents the triumph of spring over winter, life over death, and symbolizes renewal, hope, and immortality while teal symbolizes healing and spirituality. The thin pink ribbon overlay signifies that the metastatic cancer originated in the breast."  They have invited other cancer communities to lay their own ribbons on this metastatic ribbon base.    With the many problems of pink-washing, I don't feel that the pink ribbon adequately represents me, but this ribbon does.  So, if you see this ribbon on my Facebook or car or worn by someone else in some other location, you will understand the meaning behind it, and why I might post this instead of just the standard pink ribbon.   

On to how things are going...

The last few weeks have been moving very quickly it seems.   I have settled into a groove with my jobs and being full-time at FC, and that is going very well.  Because one school ended, I am working about the same amount as I did before, just more of it is in person and working from an office outside of the house.  I had forgotten how much my body and personality really liked structure (it is amazing what you can get used to when you aren't as structured for 5 years), and I have been responding really well to it.  On the mornings I don't have as early of classes, I still get up at the same time and do my online class work, and so far, I rarely have to do any grading in the evenings following this plan.  While I'm busy, it is not a stressed out type of busy. (Though I do feel like typing that may jinx me on it, lol!)  

My next goal is to try to figure out how to get more exercise in daily.  I am going to be walking a Disney 10k with friends in February, and I don't want to hold them back. (They are running the 1/2 marathon the next day; so, the walking is holding them back, but I don't want to really hold them back).  So, I'm working on figuring out how to add that in, and to try to do the coach to 5k and then 10k programs, even if just walking, to try to get my time up as fast as possible. 

Healthwise -- I've been feeling really good. My next 3 month follow-up is on October 23rd. So, I will have information sometime the following week about markers and everything.  Hopefully, everything will still be good, but I always appreciate prayers regarding that.  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful beginning of fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment