Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Check, check, and ?

In the last 2 weeks, I have been able to check off 2 items on my "to do" list:  seeing Niagara Falls and swimming with dolphins.  Well, actually, Niagara Falls helped check an unwritten one off as well in helping me see leaves changed.

I went to Niagara Falls during FC's fall break, and it was beautiful.  It was especially nice to get somewhere with colder weather than we've been having in Florida.  I stayed on the Canada side, and it was the weekend before Maid of the Mist and some of the other attractions closed for the winter.  That made for very short to no lines which helped me get to do everything that I wanted.  I loved the Whirlpool Aero Car  and the Journey Behind the Falls for such amazing views that they gave.   Here are a few pictures from that trip







The swim with the dolphins was done at Discovery Cove, and I got the opportunity to do that with Josie, my birthday twin.  It was amazing, and well worth every penny, especially since we got a pretty sweet Florida resident deal that includes a Sea World pass until the end of January.   Such a fun experience! If it is on your "to do" list, I highly recommend Discovery Cove.



That brings me to the "?" of the title.  My 3 month oncologist visit is this morning.  I've been dreading it which is really pretty silly since we've done no tests beforehand.  Bloodwork will be done when I get there, but the tumor markers take a couple of days to process.  I'll leave today knowing my white blood cell count and that type of bloodwork info, but not really anything else as to whether I'm still NED or not. I'm not sure if we will go ahead and schedule a PTscan or wait to see what the tumor markers say.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that the bloodwork will be good, but also, that I will be calm during the waiting time.  The waiting is truly one of the hardest parts about the process.  Thanks in advance!




3 comments:

  1. Will be thinking about you this morning and sending lots of hugs! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! So glad you got to check some things off your list!! I hope you had a great birthday!! We are praying for you always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for great results. Let me know if you ever want to talk on the phone or Skype. I'm always here for you. And love your pics! Want to swim with dolphins, too!

    ReplyDelete