Friday, December 15, 2017

Original-ish "Living" List completed

When I initially created my "living" list, I kept adding things to it until I realized...hey, I better indicate what is new or old so that I actually can complete the list at some point.  The more you travel....the more cool places you discover you want to go to.  So, near the end of 2015, I put a cut-off  & indicated which places/things were newer to ensure that I knew when the original-ish list was done.  The last place I needed to get to was New Orleans. I'd been there before twice for very quick trips but never saw anything beyond the French Quarter and the inside of the Superdome. With my trip this week back to New Orleans, I have crossed the final thing off of that original-ish list which is below. (Please note that things were added randomly as I thought of them originally; so, they are not in  order of importance to me or completion.)



1.     New York/ Broadway Trip
2.     Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Winter
3.     Alaska
4.     Key West
5.     England
6.     Ireland
7.     Greek Isles
8.     Bok Tower
9.     Tampa History Museum
10. Dali Museum
11. Amelia Island
12. See friends that I haven’t seen regularly/lately
13. PEI/ east coast of Canada
14. Las Vegas for Cirque shows
15. Bermuda
16. Grand Cayman
17. Belize
18. Maine/ East Coast of US
19. Hawaii to see other islands
20. Scotland
21. Morocco
22. St. Augustine
23. Gulf Beaches - Panama City/Destin,etc.
24. Discovery Cove or swim with dolphins elsewhere
25. Rainbow River in Dunnellon
26. Kennedy Space Center
27. Last few states – Vermont/New Hampshire
28. Last few states west – Wisconsin/North Dakota/Nebraska
29. Seattle
30. Aruba
31. Last few states - Delaware
32. Paris
33. Italy
34. Australia/ New Zealand
35. Spain
36. Niagara Falls
37. Zion National Park
38. New Orleans
39. Honduras
40. touch feet to Africa continent
41. Peru – Machu Picchu
42. San Antonio – back again as an adult
43. See Carrie Underwood in concert
44. See Reba McEntire in concert
45. Chicago in a time other than winter
        46.  Chihuly Museum St Pete
        47.  Amsterdam – Ann Frank’s House
        48. Harry potter world at Universal
        49.  Panama Canal    
        50. Iceland / Northern Lights
        51. Charleston, SC
        52.  St Thomas, VI
        53.  Puerto Rico
        54.  Canary Islands
        55. Go to CMA Fest
        56.  St. Maarten

The sad thing is that by now some of the ones like "seeing friends that haven't seen regularly /lately" probably need to be put back on the list again, lol.  My add-on list is now really 2 lists of various things to do/places to go outside of Florida  and things to do within Florida. Hopefully, I will have the "problem" of continuing to add things to my lists for a long time.

In other news, my liver enzymes have tripled on the new medication; so, we will be doing bloodwork next Wednesday to have the information for my appointment on Friday.  If they have risen again, we may have to lower the dose of the Afinitor.  There are 3 lower dosing options that would be a possibility.  Of course, I don't want my liver to have difficulty, but I definitely want to stay on these drugs in some form b/c of some recent testing that was done.  A sample of my tumor was sent to Foundation One which tests the tumor for genetic alterations that could possibly connect to targeted therapies. (Not sure if I'm using exact language, but this is basically how I understand it)  Of the 7 alterations that my tumor had, only one has any clinical trials or FDA approved drug therapies.  The one mutation  is mTOR & the Afinitor that I am on is the only mTOR inhibitor approved for use in breast cancer treatment.  So, in theory, this drug should work well for me.  I want to try to get as long as possible on it.   The benefit to knowing this information even for the other alterations is that if a future drug is in the pipeline we would have more confidence that it would work for me if it was connected to one of those alterations.

Tumor markers are only a guide not a definite indicator of what is occurring, but after only 8 days on this medicine, my tumor markers had reduced by a few points.   Hoping that we will see even more reduction next week.  If you would send good thoughts and prayers for this medicine to work and for the tumor markers and liver enzymes to come down substantially, I would appreciate it.  Meanwhile I'll just be over here researching the next thing/place to add to my living list so that I don't worry about what is going on with the blood tests, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment