Friday, April 13, 2018

A hiccup, but same basic plan

After what felt like an incredibly long wait of a week, I heard from my oncologist today.  I knew that the news wasn't going to be what I hoped b/c it does not normally take that long to hear about tumor markers.  My tumor  markers had risen which put a kink in the plan from the previous week.  The one thing I knew was that when I did hear from her she would have decided on a plan.

After reviewing my scans, how fast the tumor(s) have grown, etc., it was decided to stay on the same basic plan until the ptscan as I still really need to heal and my tumors have not been fast growing since it returned. I won't be doing tumor markers again until we do the scan b/c she decided it wasn't worth the stress to me. We also discussed whether to do the ptscan before or after the trip, but in the end, she said it wouldn't change anything except for making me stressed as she didn't want me going out of the country that close to starting the chemo.  She wants me to be able to do the Baltic Capitals cruise, and the scan/ next appointment will be done the week we are back.  The assumption is that I will begin the Xeloda after that scan.     I will still take the aromasin now; so, there will still be an active treatment that hopefully is at least holding things at bay a bit.   She reiterated several times that the time is needed to make sure that I have healed.

So, while it is a hiccup, it really hasn't changed the plan significantly from before.  I still appreciate prayers that the aromasin holds things at bay while I heal and that we are making the best decisions for me.    Thanks so much, and have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment