Friday, September 21, 2012

A little setback

As luck would have it, I've had a little setback with one of the surgery sites getting a small infection or possibly beginning a seroma(sp?) and running a low-grade fever.  Antibiotics have been called in to see if that will clear it up, and I go back to the plastic surgeon on Friday so that we have a better idea of what is going on.  If it is an infection, then it was caught early at least.  This will delay the chemo for a couple of weeks.  There is a part of me that is like "whew! a little reprieve", but then that just puts me back to waiting which is the worst part of all of this stuff.    Just trying to remember that it is better that it was found now so that we can deal with it before the chemo makes all of my blood counts and system go wacky.   I will still go in to the oncologist on Tuesday to get the PETscan results and to figure out what to do with my low iron.  They wanted me to take iron pills with vitamin C pills, but that isn't possible  because of my bladder autoimmune.  At least maybe this setback will give us time to get that issue better before the chemo starts too.

Please pray that this will resolve quickly so that this whole process can get back on track and BE OVER soon!


  1. Keep us posted

  2. Nancy, good thinking that it's better to make sure there's no infection when chemo starts. In two weeks you'll be stronger too! I'm sure the Lord will take care of you through all of this. We just have to trust Him. Also, I LOVE your new haircut! We're praying for you, sister! love, Sharon Ayres

  3. Hi Nancy,
    I'm a friend of Jennifer. I too have breast cancer, so I relate to what you are saying. Tomorrow I have my second surgery to get clean margins around the original tumor and check the lymph nodes. My family is praying for you!