Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting ready for chemo

I went to the oncologist yesterday and found out more about my pathology, etc. Due to multiple factors, it does appear that having aggressive treatment would be beneficial.  So now, I'm making PETscan and echocardiogram appointments so that we have those results prior to chemo starting.  As long as everything go well in the next week or so, I will start chemo on Tuesday 9/25.  I will have 2 drugs, adriamycin and cytoxan, once every 2 weeks for  four cycles, and then have 1 drug, taxol, once every 2 weeks for four cycles.  So hopefully I will be through with this part by early January if things go as planned.

Besides the medical appointments, I've also got a haircut appointment next week. I figure since I don't have to worry about the "growing out" and maintaining phases, I can get a short haircut that I've always wanted but worried that I wouldn't like.  Hey, if I hate it, I'll only have to deal with if for a few weeks.  Plus, it will be easier to do my wig shopping with short hair, and so I get to try new hairstyles on that way too, lol.  

I am definitely getting a bit stir crazy in my house so I'm glad that I should be cleared to drive by next Tuesday at the latest and can get out a little bit.  Of course, right now I can't last very long out of the house even with others driving, so I probably won't really be painting the town red even then, but right now even the ability to run to CVS or anywhere sounds wonderful.

Thanks again for the cards, messages, calls, and prayers! I really appreciate them, and would appreciate you remembering me as I get ready for this next phase of treatment!

3 comments:

  1. nancy, we will continue to pray. i'm going out of town on 24th. we will be glad to set up meals and visits whenever you need them. i can only comment as anonymous as i don't understand how to do anything else! ann white

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, we continue to keep you and your recovery in our prayers. Please let me know if you need anything or need to get out of the house. I am off on Monday and Thursdays. Hope the chemo will start and go as planned. love & prayers. Janice T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, my friend. May God give you His strength, His mercy, His healing, and His courage for the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete