Friday, November 30, 2012

Quick Update, Imerman Angels, & Ice Cream

A quick health update:  The skin infection is much better according to the plastic surgeon. I have to call him on Monday to report on how things are doing  to find out whether I'm actually cleared to have chemo on Tuesday, but he thinks it is likely.  I'm  waiting on word from my oncologist on the blood culture and the revised petscan as well, but I still have been running a low fever.   In general, I don't feel  bad, but the 12 days of a fever are starting to take a little bit of a toil on me.  At this point, they are just wondering if that is how my body is responding to the chemo versus it being something to really worry about.

If you know anyone going through cancer or a family member/caregiver that is helping someone with cancer, please let them know about the non-profit organization called Imerman Angels, http://www.imermanangels.org. A friend told me about them about a month or so ago. (Thanks Jess!) They provide one on one support for both cancer patients and caregivers/family members by connecting them with a mentor in as close of a situation to theirs as possible.   I was connected with a cancer survivor/mentor a couple of weeks ago, and it is really helpful to know that there is someone to talk to who has been through my same diagnosis and treatment.  Having a support system is such an important part of fighting cancer, and I think this is such a great resource.  Please pass the word on about this organization!

If you live in the Tampa area,  please come out for some ice cream on Tuesday, 12/4 at the Carrollwood Cold Stone Creamery on North Dale Mabry between 4-8 pm.   I am blessed to have some long term friends from middle school/ high school who have put together this fundraiser, and I appreciate it more than I can even begin to express.  Some of the items donated include 2 tickets to Sea World, Derrick Brooks Autographed football, Phil Esposito autographed photo, Gator Golf set, over $1,000 in salon treatments and more.  If you can make it, please come out and enjoy some ice cream!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Nancy. I was wondering if you had heard from the PET scan. Hopefully you will get to resume chemo next week. Love ya, rj

    ReplyDelete