Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Just a year ago

It is a little bit crazy to me that this journey just began a year ago.  At this time last year, I was finishing up my mammogram and ultrasound, and little did I know, I was in for quite a ride. In the last year, I've had 2 biopsies, 3 surgeries, 4 PETscans, 6 cycles of chemo, and so much blood drawn that I might as well be supplying a vampire in addition to that mammogram/ultrasound.  Thankfully, I've also been able to take some cool trips to counteract the not so fun stuff.   It still isn't officially my cancerversary. That is July 17th.  I was in North Carolina at the time which really ruined that trip (to put it lightly), but since we have that NC week every year, I'm glad that I will always be doing something fun with family when the cancerversary comes around.  Wow, what a year!

2 comments:

  1. And Nancy.....you have handled it all with such grace and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big year. And here you are on the other side of it. I hope you are having a wonderful time when the date comes around, and can toast to being there in all that goodness. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete