Thursday, October 4, 2012

Liver biopsy

The liver biopsy was done yesterday. Though "twilight" meds were used, unfortunately, I never fully went out so I remember a bit too much of it. The nurse had warned that the 24 hours after could be very painful and that patients often described it as getting kicked repeatedly in the side.  That is a pretty accurate description for how I've felt in the last 24 hours or so. It is starting to ease off some so hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow. We'll find out results on Tuesday (10/9) and begin chemo then too.

Thank you for all the prayers & comments both here and on facebook along with cards. I don 't always reply to each one, but I do read them all and appreciate each one!

2 comments:

  1. We'll be praying that the pain will end soon. Wish we were close enough to help tend to your needs. As it is we continue to lift you up in prayers all through the day. Love and prayers - Beverly and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about all this - I am so sorry. My father is about to begin chemo as well. Don't let those "looks" that you see on the doctors' faces discourage you. Remember that the doctor probably has no IDEA the amount of people that you have praying for you. He probably also doesn't understand that it is stronger than any treatment he has to offer.

    ReplyDelete